Thursday, March 13, 2008

I'm also sad and angry...

I was sadned by what happened in Parktown North on the 4th March when Maryl Visser's family experienced a tradegy. The family was attacked by robbers who killed her husband and left her and her son fighting for thier lives in hospital.
My friends and I go past Parktown North in the morning on our way to work. This week we took a different route but still via Parktown North and I believe to have recognized the Visser house from the pictures on The Times front page last week. On the garage there are print letters that read: "WE LOVE YOU"...since then, everytime we go via that route my body all of a sudden gets cold and its almost like I am reading the article again and I am present at that stage. I get so angry when thinking about the stats that show SA's crime rate as having gone down but people are still being robbed and killed more often than not..!That place has left a part of me COLD..![please click on the link above if you have not read the story]...

No comments: